Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the fastest way to get into software development?

So, I am a Quality Assurance Analyst with almost 13 years experience. I am bored with Quality Assurance. I can do it with my eyes closed. My question is this: What is the fastest way to get a job doing software development? I have self studied Java and C#. I also have half a masters degree in Computer Science. My undergrad degree is in something other than computers. Do I go for certificates? Do hiring managers look at those?What is the fastest way to get into software development?Well, it sound like you already have all the requirements to be a software developer. I've worked with people with less experience then you in software development and they worked fine. Try applying to a software engineer position.What is the fastest way to get into software development?Fastest way: have your daddy buy a software company.



2nd Option: go to a prestigious university. 60% are hired on-campus as CIS professionals.



It's who you know in CIS. Certs might help you in DBA, but not in code-monkey positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment