Monday, January 30, 2012

What is a good software for tracking supplies and supply usage in a service company?

I am looking for software to track costs and usage of housekeeping and office supplies in a hotel company. Unfortunately, I am not proficient enough to use MS Access, Paradox or any other generic database program to make my own.



I was wondering about an accounting software but anything that tracks the usage of small quantities is probably too expensive. And most inventory programs are for resale items.What is a good software for tracking supplies and supply usage in a service company?How about just tracking it using a notebook and pen? I know it sounds low tech, but it's cheap, can be stored right there with the supplies and you can just give it too your accountant to take care of every so often.



On a general note, I think that your underestimate your ability to learn to use Access, Excel (my personal MS software favorite) or other software. These are the exact sorts of situations that allow us to grow and develop and you can take this skill to other areas of your business or to another job. Don't pass on this opportunity and ask those around you for help. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment