Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you get to be a character at Disney World?

Or any other jobs at Disney. Who do you contact? What do you have to do? Do you have to be college educated?

Thanks!How do you get to be a character at Disney World?
It depends on the position you want......



Characters are the toughest positions to obtain. They usually higher from within (meaning, you have to hold another position in the company first.)



I worked there for a summer internship in 2000. I was a Tomorrow Land Attractions Hostess. You don't *need* to be college educated, but it helps. And you do need to pass a rigorous backround check and series of interviews.



You can see a list of current job openings in the parks here:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Compan鈥?/a>



Hope this was helpful %26amp; Good luck!
You have to apply for a job with them through the right channels.How do you get to be a character at Disney World?
Apply i suppose...go to a web site and see if they have job fairs or something...I dont know why you would want to though. I promise you will hate your job. I PROMISE...but look for a job fair or simply go up to Disney's Human Resources Department...You will hate it...enjoy
I think you just need to fill out an application for employment. It's a minimum wage job. Disney usually hires college students for internships. They pay minimum wage and offer classes to make it more worthwhile.How do you get to be a character at Disney World?
You steal one of the outfits...



Not really, i guess you just find how to contact them, and ask for vacancies.
You start by checking the Walt Disney World website. They usually have a link to the employment section where they will give you details.



You usually just fill out an application or send in your resume if you have one. For characters I don't know if you have to be college educated but I do know you have to be enthusiastic and show good work history. Just check it out and see what the requirements are - it can't hurt to try!



Good luck!
There are many seasonal jobs available through Disney. I worked for Disney Land while in college. I just swept in the park and did custodial. I applied at the park itself.
You have to fit the height requirements and attend one of their "Casting" sessions, which are in Kissimee fl.
Are you SURE you want to be a character???? The outfits are VERY hot. When I worked there (was not a character), I witnessed a couple of people that nearly passed out in a couple of day parades. You do have to be a certain height requirement. I believe for Mickey, you should be no taller than 5'5", and for others no taller than 5'9. You can be Goofy if you are 5'11" or 6'0", I think.
Usually, you can go to their Human Resources offices at the park you want to work at and they will have a posting of what jobs are available. You do have to be a minimum of 16 yrs of age with a work permit to work there, but you don't have to be college educated to be a character (and I don't know if you have to be 18 or 21+) or to work in the shops or food courts and you have to be 18 to operate the rides for insurance purposes of the park.



To be a character, they usually want you to be a very friendly and out-going person. There are also other jobs you can do such as working in one of the many food courts or shops.



My first job when I was 17 was working at Marriotts Great America (which is now Paramount's Great America in Santa Clara, California) in the Food Courts and the best part about this job of all was that I got to work alot of the concerts and to meet alot of the bands in person (alot of times, they and their families were allowed to enjoy private time at the park after it was closed to the general public). The pay was only minimum wage, but just to be able to meet these groups was, in itself, worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment