Saturday, February 18, 2012

For the Disney World nuts- what can I do to get myself excited for the trip?

I just love planning trips to disney world, I have no idea why, it's just so fun to me! Reservations and everything are already made for my family's trip this summer, but I still want to plan! Does anyone have ideas for what I can do?For the Disney World nuts- what can I do to get myself excited for the trip?
I'm the same way. You can hang out reading DISboards ( http://www.disboards.com ) all day long! You will constantly learn something new. It is the largest online community for Disney Nerds. I also like http://www.touringplans.com. They have crowd calendars and tons of touring plans and a great blog. To get all the data, you have to get a subscription (annual). The subscription fee is 50% off if you have any of the 2010 Unofficial guidebooks.
The itinerary- like what parks to go to on this day, and what you'll see first and suchFor the Disney World nuts- what can I do to get myself excited for the trip?
Make a Disney countdown.. the anticipation is almost as good as the trip! ALMOST, that is:) enjoy your vacation!



Another thing i do before i go on trips is just go on different Disney sites, all of them are fun and interesting and get me soo excited before my vacation!
Order their free vacation planning DVD, and watch the whole thing two or three times. Visit www.allearsnet.com and sign up for their free weekly newsletter. Google "countdown clock" and download a free countdown clock for your computer desktop. Download Disney movie music to your iPod.



And have a terrific trip!For the Disney World nuts- what can I do to get myself excited for the trip?
Make a paper chain and write little things that you look forward to seeing or doing in the parks. I love to do this and the farther back you are from your trip, the better. Have a great time in Disney!!!!
I have the book Unofficial Guide to Disney world I read the book over and over again planning out every little detail. So I know what rides have the fast pass and what rides to avoid. Just as a suggestion if you are staying off site avoid the parks with the extra magic hours in the morning. For example Magic Kingdom morning magic hours go to Epcot. Everyone that does not have the park hopper will be going to Magic Kingdom and it will be the busiest park. You can also check out touringplans.com to plan your activities. You can customize a map on the Disney web site and then they will ship it to you. Ask any of your friends that might be interested in going to get them costs. This way you are still planning something. You may even find a better deal yourself.
I'll strat off with,
plan every second of every minute of every hour.



seriously. maybe not that intense but i SOOO do the same thing! i love it!!!!
We've been to WDW 13 times. We love to plan %26amp; anticipate each time. My husband makes all the reservations. Our daughter makes a list of must do things to see %26amp; do. I plan all the things to take with us. I shop for the snacks to bring for the plane %26amp; the parks. I get little surprises for my husband %26amp; daughter. For my husband, I pack his favorite gum, candies %26amp; snacks %26amp; magazine. When our daughter was little I used to pack items like a Disney blow up ball for the pool, crayons, Disney coloring book, autograph book, Disney stickers, %26amp; a Disney pen. Now that she's 17 I get her a Disney giftcard. Since my husband plans our itinerary %26amp; we have tons of Disney t-shirts I make a list of the shirts we'll wear each day. I pack them in order %26amp; it makes it easy for us not to have to decide what we're wearing each day when we get there. As I'm packing the clothes or tucking the surprise items into the backpacks I look forward to the times we will be using those items. We plan to something new each time we go; like a different restaurant, behind the Scenes Tours (loved Keys to the Kingdom %26amp; Segway Tour of Epcot-you need to be at least 16 to go on tours), miniature golf, %26amp; speed boats. We are planning our 14th trip. We might be there at the same time. I find it funny as I'm walking through WDW. I wonder if I'm walking by anyone that I helped on Yahoo Answers. LOL. Have Fun!
Honestly you really can't do anything else planning-wise. But some cool things to do are listen to Netcot podcast. He letsout top 7 lists and such that tell you really cool things to do at Disney, that noobody ever thinks of. They can help you plan.



Do what I do, go on Youtube and watch videos that people post of their own Disney trips. It just reminds you how much fun it is! I also like going on the Disneyworld website and watching the videos and reviews.



The other day I even found the Top 7 Must Sees at Disney World that plays on a loop on the Disneyworld info channel in Orlando. I was so excited! I also bought the Season of Disney episodes from the Travel Channel on iTunes. They are a great source of information, and a blast to watch!





Good luck and have fun!
Go buy "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2010". This was the best $20 I spent for my family's July 2008 vacation to Disney using the 2008 version of the book. The book contains reviews for restaurants, hotels, and attractions on and off Disney property. However, the best parts of the book are the touring plans! The plans give you step by step instructions on where to go and when to go in order to avoid the longest lines.



For example: "Soarin" in EPCOT is one of the most popular rides in all of Disney. A 2-hour wait in line is not uncommon to partake in this awesome experience. However, using the touring plan in the book and maximizing Disney's "Fast Pass" system, we were able to ride it twice in a row without waiting in line one time!



By the way, if you don't know what the "Fast Pass" system is, then definitely get the book or ask us that are in the know at yahooanswers. It's fast, easy, and one of the few FREE things in Disney. Yes, it is absolutely FREE!



Go out and buy the book today. I promise you will not be disappointed.



Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment